Kickstarters began in February 2018, with the aim to promote a love of reading, whilst developing football/multi skills in young children.The coaching sessions revolve around a favourite children’s book, which the children will immerse themselves in and take part in a variety of football activities linked to the story. During these sessions, children will:
- Listen to stories in a group
- Predict what may happen next in a story
- Answer questions about the characters in the book
- Work with other children through teamwork
- Act out the main characters in the story
- Develop fundamental skills like hand/eye coordination, throwing, catching and kicking.
The sessions will aid children’s reading for pleasure and also give children added stimulus to write, by immersing themselves into the characters in the stories.